New ways of improving an old kit
Being in a position to do a bit of modelling without competing disrractions today I spent some tome in the shed. I’m suffering from some odd, possibly hayfever related mailaise this weekend so I didn’t fancy anything too demanding mentally.
I therefore thought I’d have a crack at one of the Dapol 35 t tank kits lurking in the wagon drawer.
I plan doing this one with Bill Bedford sprung axleguards and this meant some butchery underneath, carried out using the Proxxon and a milling tool set to 7000 rpm.
The first end was taken down a bit thin and I ended up cutting out part pf the solebar but no problem, easy to reinstate. Worked ok at the other end too though you have to remove parts of the internal framing to accommodate the BB units.
I’ll get these speung up then use a Brassmasters gauge to get the…
View original post 6 more words