Some Early Lines
The LNER also operated trams.
The Grimsby & Immingham Electric Tramway was opened by the GCR in 1912 to provide transport for Immingham dockworkers. Seven miles long, the line started at Corporation Bridge, Grimsby, and ran the first mile in the public street and then into open country. The GCR’s single deck bogie cars had a central area for milk and merchandise. It was a line of great character, but closed down in favour of buses on July 1st, 1961. Car No.16 stands at the tramway station in Corporation Road, Grimsby, on 23rd May 1953. Car No.14 was in the care of the National Tramway Museum, in store awaiting restoration (1986).