A fav loco
48624 was built at Ashford in Kent and entered service in 1943. Its service was on heavy goods trains and it was withdrawn from service in 1965 following a fractured steam pipe. It was sent to Barry scrap-works where it stayed until being rescued in 1981. 28 years of restoration later it was returned to service and 2 years later it transferred to its current home on the Great Central Railway.